Sep 17, 2010

Katherine on being a mom in new movie and in real life

Katherine Heigl and Josh Duhamel play apparent opposites faced with the daunting responsibility of raising a child together in 'Life As We Know It,' and Katherine says, "I was literally experiencing new motherhood on film as I was experiencing it in my own life."


The role hit home for the former "Grey's Anatomy" star, who became a mom to daughter Naleigh just last year.

In their new dramedy, Katherine and Josh star as godparents to a 1-year-old girl whose mom and dad have both died -- forcing the twosome to contend with instant parenthood, and each other!
Josh says the poignant film has its share of laughs.
"The script to me was special in a lot of ways," he says. "I mean, it was very funny."

'Life As We Know It' arrives in theaters Oct. 8.

 
source