May 24, 2010

Katherine Heigl 'Missing the Party'

Since she left "Grey's Anatomy," Katherine Heigl tells "Extra's" Jerry Penacoli that it's hard for her to watch the show.

"I feel really outta the loop. There was a time when I knew the storylines before they aired and there was a time when I was present in these scenes or these storylines -- and Alex moving on is very difficult for me," said Heigl.

The actress also tells Jerry that she's a little jealous and feels like she's "missing the party." "I kinda had to just take a step back... The beauty is I can always buy the season on iTunes, when I feel there's enough distance," Katherine said while laughing.

Katherine recently adopted a baby girl from Korea with musician husband Josh Kelley, and was overcome with emotion remembering the moment she found out she was about to become a mom.

"They told us that it was a little girl and she was born the day before me, and I was like, 'Oh my God,' this is crazy," she said. "Then they told us that she had a condition and wanted us to be sure we were comfortable taking a child that had this medical condition and I just went, are you kidding?"

Her daughter Naleigh's condition was a heart defect that required open heart surgery. Baby Naleigh is doing well and is "100%," says Heigl.











source