Jun 10, 2010

Katherine Heigl: 'I'm not another celebrity adopter"

The Killers star, who is now a mum to 10-month-old Naleigh, claims she was inspired by her own mother, who adopted her Korean sister Meg when she was a child.

"It's so funny. My mum and I joke about it when people say 'you're just doing it because it's trendy'."

"My mum says 'Well, i'm trendier than everybody because I was doing it in the 1970s when I adopted your sister."

Heigl claimed she was loving motherhood.

"I'm very grateful for this little being in my life. I'm very grateful she's my daughter. I'm so grateful we found each other."

"It's not so much about her being adopted. I just wanted to be a mum and she needed one so here we are."

Heigl, 31, is married to Josh Kelley, and claims she's still surprised at how attracted she is to him.

"I'm still so infatuated with him. We've been together four and a half years so you'd think by now it would start to feel a little bit calm but I still think he's so hot and so sexy and he's a great dad."


source