Jun 3, 2010

Katherine on Killers

Killers makes four romantic comedies in a row for Katherine Heigl. She knows what she’s doing. It’s a comfortable genre, but she’s having fun and maybe growing just a little.

“It’s not like breaking crazy new ground but I think it just has this sort of great added benefit of the action, which I haven’t done in the previous films,” Heigl said. “For me, I look at all of them in a row. There is an interesting progression from like the true hardcore romantic comedy, fairytale aspect of 27 Dresses to the edgier more male perspective of Ugly Truth and crassness of that and trying to kind of meld maybe a little Knocked Up and a little of 27 Dresses.”

In Killers, Heigl plays a woman who discovers that her husband used to be a CIA killer. “To me, I’m much broader I think comedically in this and there is the action aspect. I’ve got more of a straight guy in Ashton and then I’m the kind of ridiculous one. And we’re in this crazy sort of James Bond scenario. So each one is slightly different but it’s not so crazy outside of this.”

Action isn’t totally new to Heigl. Before Grey’s Anatomy, she defeated a classic movie monster. “I killed Chucky, in Bride of Chucky. You don’t remember that? The fact that I get to be in the movies I want to be in now, and I don’t have to kill Chucky over and over again, is really awesome. Not to say that that was bad movie. It had its good moments. But then he came back and the next one where Chucky gets lucky and you’re like I killed that guy. What’s going on?”

source