Jun 13, 2010

Katherine talks about being a working mom

Katherine Heigl has revealed she found out she could adopt her daughter whilst filming her new movie Killers.

The 31-year-old says the movie is very "significant" to her for that reason.

Katherine and her husband Josh Kelly became parents last September when they adopted daughter Naleigh from South Korea.

The actress, who first found fame when she starred in the TV medical drama Grey's Anatomy, went on to say that mixing motherhood and a career can be tough.

She said: "I knew I was going to be a working mum. I knew I wasn't going to give up my career but you just cannot be prepared for that feeling when you're looking at them and holding your suitcase and they're reaching for you.

"So it is hard but I love what I do and I'm happy to be here and promoting this movie that I'm proud of and really excited about, so that kind of makes up for it... and I chat."

You can also watch this interview as a video here