Jun 2, 2010

Killers Press Junket

Do you ever miss doing really juicy drama?
Just recently, I randomly saw a couple of clips of some of my drama on Grey’s and I was like, oh, yeah. I haven’t done that in a while. I haven’t had those kinds of stories to tell in a while but I’ve been having so much fun that I kind of just forgot about that side. I’m a big reader. I love stories. I love stories that inspire you or move you or hit home in some way or another. Lately for me, I’ve loved all these comedies because I’ve just been in a real mood to laugh. I just needed to laugh and have some levity and not take things so seriously.

Do you normally take things really seriously?
I think I can go through phases where I’m just going with the flow kind of gal and then I go through the stage where I’m actually very defensive. When you say something to me, I’m assuming you’re picking on me somehow. And that is why the comedy came in really handy.

You should try meditation, learn to get out of your own head.
You know, I’ve tried meditating and I’m really bad at it. I get really stressed out by it because I can’t do it right. You know what I mean? Like, I get stressed out because I can’t clear my mind. Everyone keeps saying, "Well, just keep trying." So I start thinking and it’s on a roll and like, "Oh, clear your mind. This is not working. This is not having the desired effect." My husband keeps trying to get me to do the deep breathing. That really works for him, just 10 deep breaths. My mother has been telling me that for years too and I forget to do that.

What do you do to relax then?
Drink. No. I hang out with my friends a lot, and I hang out with my husband a lot, and I watch my daughter toddle around. I spend a lot of time at home, just chilling. That’s my favorite thing to do right now. I’m very, very grateful for my family and for my friends. Over the past couple of years, I’ve found nothing more grounding, safe and constant than my friends and family. I’ve learned in the last few years that I’ve always loved my family. I’ve always loved being a part of my family. I think they’re really cool people and we’re very edgy people like our humor. People will be with us and think we’re being really mean to each other but it’s just kind of how we are. We’re super dysfunctional but functional in our dysfunction, which I love. I’m very grateful to be a mom. It’s changed my whole perspective, in a very good way. There’s lots to be grateful for. Life is very, very good right now and not to say that life is always good and not to say that there aren’t hardships or struggles or the everyday average stuff that comes up. But, I would say 95% of the time life is wonderful and I’m very grateful for that. I’m grateful for my daughter. I’m grateful for my husband who right now, I am madly in love with. I don’t know about next week.

Did you watch the January 21st episode of Grey’s Anatomy? That turned out to be your last appearance.
Yes. That was just depressing. I did watch it because I kind of wanted to see how it was going to work. Would I come back in and then I leave right away again?

So you didn’t know that was going to be it?
No, not at the time. I feel like had I known, I probably wouldn’t have changed my performance much but I might have fought for a different scene with Meredith at the end. Meredith is basically saying, "We’re family" and Izzie’s saying, "No, you’re not. You’re just people I worked with and I can find that anywhere." It’s harsh and she’s obviously being insensitive and she’s obviously angry about what happened, but at the same time there is a truth to it. She had to do what she had to do to take care of herself, which is what I had to do.


source