Jun 3, 2010

'Marriage is an ebb and flow'

Katherine Heigl admits marriage isn't always easy.

"I love being married," she says, "but there was a time when I didn't so much. The first four to six months were the hardest. It was the first time we lived together, and there was a weight in the relationship that didn't exist before."

She met musician Josh Kelley five years ago when she appeared in a video for his song Only You. They tied the knot in 2007.

"It was crazy. I was like, 'Can't we live in separate houses so I can keep things the way I like them?' I didn't want to nag all the time. You fall into those quintessential roles where he's the put-upon husband, and I'm the naggy wife."

She adds, "I don't think he felt that way at all, but I got insecure about it. Communication is always difficult. I don't care if you're married or it's your best friend or your mom or your dad. Sometimes you miscommunicate. I'm someone who always hears it wrong, so I've had to work on that. Now we're in a really wonderful place. Marriage is an ebb and flow, and there will always be rough spots you have to work on."

source