Jun 2, 2010

Kicking butt in Killers

In “Killers,” out this Friday in theaters, Katherine Heigl discovers her mild-mannered new husband is secretly a gun-toting C.I.A. spy and learns to kick butt herself. But did all of that on-screen action translate to real life skills for the star?

“Oh yeah, a little bit,” Katherine told Access Hollywood at the film’s LA premiere on Tuesday. “You know, I can fake it real nice.”

The film was shot a year ago, and Katherine added that she was “really excited” for people to finally see it.

“I am so ready for it to open and to see people’s reactions,” she said.

Looking glam with dark hair and a pink top, Katherine said the premiere was a good excuse for the new mom to take some time for herself – so good, she says, she might do so more often.

“My prep is the long shower, the deep conditioner in the hair, the nice little mask after,” she said. “I’m like, ‘I should do this more often just for [husband] Josh [Kelley] and I to go have dinner. It would be nice.”

You can also watch a video here